- 26 Aug 2009
ERIS Final Announcement
SOFTWARE AND DATA
You will need a laptop running a fairly recent version of Linux or MAC O/S, see web page for details. Please start downloading the data from the links given, to avoid everyone trying to do bulky downloads at once at ERIS. The scripts are still being updated and more data will be provided nearer the time. Please do your best to install AIPS and CASA before ERIS. We will provide help if necessary but time will be limited.
Data for all the tutorials will be provided, and we strongly urge everyone to start by working on these examples so that you get a feel for what to expect. If you want to reduce data of your own, by all means bring it, especially if you already have some experience.
The list of participants' interests is linked to the web page (under Attendance) and when you are at ERIS you might like to make contact with other people working in your field.
ACCOMODATION and VENUE
You should have received the final accomodation list, or see the attendance list. If there are any errors please let me know as soon as possible. Note that there are some changes from the previous list, to accomodate some preferences better.
- Registration and most lectures are in the Martin Wood Lecture Theatre, http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/contact/GettingToOxford.pdf
- Tea, coffee, lunch and some tutorials will be held in the Denys Wilkinson building - so if you are arriving at lunchtime, come there.
- Arrival at your accomodation: See the above map and others links on ERIS web page. Go to Porters Lodge/Reception any time after 10am.
- Exeter College, Turl Street, Oxford OX1 3DP: After 9pm ring the doorbell on the left hand side. If you are arriving after 11pm please notify in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 279600
- St Anne's College, Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6HS: Staffed 24 hours. Tel. 01865 274800
- Check-out on day of departure is before 10am, but if you want to leave your luggage at the college ask at the porters' lodge. On Friday 11th we may be able to provide somewhere in the Astrophysics department.
This will take place on Wednesday 9 September at Al Shami Lebanese Restaurant, about 10-15 minutes walk away. There will be a choice of food including vegetarian and notified special diets. Food and a reasonable amount of wine will be free thanks to RadioNet
. We hope you will all come, we will confirm numbers at registration so if you are arriving late at ERIS please email me to say if you want to come.
If you are paying all or part of the cost yourself, we will give you a bill and credit card form (sorry, another one!) when you arrive. You can pay by cash if you prefer but only in pounds sterling. We will collect payment on or before Thursday 10th and give you a receipt and certificate of attendance.